King of the mound : my summer with Satchel Paige / Wes Tooke.
View other formats and editions
- 80 of 84 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Sprague Public Library - Baltic.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Sprague Public Library - Baltic||JUV FIC TOOKE (Text to phone)||33680128694510||Juvenile Fiction||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781442433465 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1442433469 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 9781442433472 (paperback)
- ISBN: 1442433477 (paperback)
- Physical Description: 155 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, c2012.
"A Junior Library Guild selection"--Jkt. flap.
Twelve-year-old Nick loves baseball so after a year in the hospital fighting polio and with a brace on one leg, Nick takes a job with the team for which his father is catcher and gets to see the great pitcher, Satchel Paige, play during the 1935 season. Includes historical notes.
|Target Audience Note:||
Nutmeg Award Nominee, Intermediate, 2015.